With school closures and other measures to reduce spreading of the virus, access to healthy meals is a growing concern. We are doing everything possible to ensure that our existing diners and many other women and children have access to the meals they need at WCFR. Here are some of the governor’s extraordinary and necessary restrictions that require WCFR to cease serving meals in our dining room.
- Jay Inslee shut down restaurants, bars and entertainment, and recreational activities. The order will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Tuesday, March 7, 2020.
- The governor also announced a moratorium on all events consisting of over 50 attendees, mirroring new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- All public and private K-12 schools will close from March 17, 2020 until April 24, 2020.
In response to these orders, WCFR will begin a new process for distributing meals to our programs families and others beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Here’s how it will work:
- We are replacing all in-house meal services with takeout meals. Currently, we will distribute fresh and frozen meals at the restaurant on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11 AM – 1 PM only. Our diners will receive up to ten (10) meals per visit to support their nutrition needs throughout the week. We anticipate providing 3,000 meals per week, on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A tent will be set up in our parking lot. Please join the line for registration; check in and follow directions from our team for meal pick up.
- At all times, practice social distancing, which is to not shaking hands, avoiding crowds, standing 6-8’ feet from other people and, most important, staying home if you feel sick.
- If you need to register fill out a registration form, please bring your own pen.
If you have any of these symptoms, please stay home and avoid spreading illness to others:
- Sniffles or Runny Nose
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
We will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19, and adapt to the growing needs of our community. You’ve honored us by allowing us to help keep you and your family fed and we looking forward to supporting you during this difficult time.